Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Amazing Fruit Salsa with Blackened Mahi Mahi - I love it!!


I was thinking about the mahi mahi today and decided I needed to make it again; the youngest doesn't care for fish so when I make the mahi mahi I make her chicken with the same seasonings. Mahi mahi is a bit expensive so chicken is a good alternative. I went on the Internet and found two sites that I used recipes from - http://www.bestmahimahirecipes.com/ and http://www.wildoceanfoods.com/. Of course I altered them a little so here's what I did:

Grilled yams - sliced in discs with no seasonings
Grilled asparagus - drizzled with the smallest amount of olive oil and s&p
Fruit Salsa - recipe to follow
Blackened mahi mahi - recipe to follow

Fruit Salsa - This sounds a bit strange but is so incredibly delicious.
Cut up and combine in a bowl fresh strawberries, mango, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, s&p and a little lime juice. Toss and marvel at the wonderful gifts from God. He is so good to give us such
treasures.

Blackened Mahi Mahi - in a shallow pan I combined ground cumin, cayenne pepper and s&p, I shook the pan around a bit and to combine the spices. Pat the fish dry and then coat the fish by gently pressing it the pan to coat it with the spices.

Make the fruit salsa first since the grilling goes quickly. Start the potatoes on the grill first, add the fish and/or chicken next and then the asparagus last.

I felt like I was being spoiled when I ate this dinner and I had to thank God for the beautiful bounty of good things that He gives to us. The different colors and flavors are amazing. Stacie said that the grilled yams were the most amazing thing she had ever ate off the grill. Don't assume that the produce is always expensive, I buy a lot of my produce from the 99cent store and a local independent market.

1 comment: