Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fast Food


Last night we all decided to go different directions and I had less than 30 minutes to fix dinner. I grabbed my cast iron skillet, upped the heat, threw in frozen chicken tenderloins and let them cook; when the chicken was almost done we seasoned with salt and pepper. I pulled out a big bag of fresh spinach, purchased from Costco, and dressed it with Litehouse Pomegranate Blueberry dressing (25 calories per 2T serving) then I topped the spinach with fresh peaches and blueberries. The meal needed a little something more so I grabbed a 100 calorie Oroweat whole wheat sandwich bun, toasted it, topped it with hummus and put 1/4 of a bun on each plate. The meal was super healthy, delicious and FAST!! We're eating like kings and queens with all the fresh food. Give it a try, commit to healthy food in proper portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment