Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Feed My Family

Feeding my family is a BIG responsibility. I purchase and prepare what they consume; I determine what nutrients they fuel their bodies with and that's a little scary. If I place processed pre-fab food in front of them then that's what they'll be fueled and energized with and fattened up with.

Or, I can purchase lean meats and fresh fruits and vegetables. I'd like to challenge you to consider what you put before your family. Fill your Costco basket with veggies and by-pass the frozen isle. I'd be lying if I told you I never bought pre-fab, I do occasionally. But let's make it the exception.

The Costco Connection recently ran an article highlighting their Kirkland frozen chicken. Did you know that you don't need to defrost before cooking? I tried it out and the chicken was delicious from freezer, to BBQ, to the plate. My son is cooking for himself and he recently tried chicken in a pan seasoned with only salt and pepper - he loved it. I buy the chicken tenderloins, they are a little more expensive but worth it. Just don't add too much salt;)

Easy Chicken

BBQ or pan sear frozen chicken tenderloins and season with Costco's Kirkland brand sea salt and pepper in the grinders. The chicken is done when the juices run clear, be careful not to overcook the chicken and dry it out. Serve this with a big salad or put it in the Fresh Straberry and Blueberry salad that I listed in my previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment